Typhoid fever is an acute illness associated with fever caused by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. The bacteria are deposited in water or food by a human carrier and are then spread to other people in the area.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- Sustained high fever
- Malaise (weakness)
- Anorexia (loss of appetite)
- Diarrhea or constipation and abdominal
PREVENTION & CONTROL
- Boil water for drinking. (Upon reaching boiling point,
extend boiling for two or more minutes) or
- Do water chlorination
- Cook food well and always use food cover to prevent flies
and other insects from contaminating them.
- Wash thoroughly all vegetables and fruits especially those
that are eaten raw.
- Avoid eating street vended foods.
- Wash hands with soap and water after using the toilet and
- Keep surrounding clean to prevent breeding of flies.