Healthy Kidney: Healthy Me
Kidneys balance the water and minerals in our blood. They remove waste after digestion, muscle activity, chemical exposure and even medication. When kidneys are damaged, waste products may build up in our body. If untreated, they can cause life-threatening illnesses. However, there are ways to reduce your chances of risk.
- Cut down on salt.
- Diabetic? Keep your blood sugar level in check and get tested.
- Make it a habit to drink 2-3 liters of water a day to help prevent stones.
- Quit or cut down on harmful habits such as smoking and drinking.
- Watch your blood pressure.
- Consult your doctor before taking over-the-counter medications for frequent use.
- Keep a fit and active lifestyle.
- Have regular check-ups with your doctor.